Welcome To Cornwood Church of England Primary School.
A very warm welcome to our school’s website
Our small school was established in 1857 on the edge of Dartmoor, near Ivybridge We teach children through the full primary age phase, from 5-11 and ‘Rookies Pre-School’ is now on site in their new building. The school plays an important part of village life and takes part in many community events.
The school is part of the Moorsway Federation which is made up of three primary schools. We have one governing body and one Executive Headteacher. By being part of a Federation it allows the children to have wider experiences and work alongside other children.
Please use our website to find out more about us or contact the school directly. Contact details can be found through the contact button on this site.
Why choose to come to Cornwood Primary?
We know that choosing a school for your child is one of your most important decisions. We are proud to offer:
- A small personal school where each child is valued and is known to all the staff
- An experienced team of dedicated and caring staff
- A Christian ethos where everyone cares for each other
- A broad and balanced curriculum combining excellence and enjoyment of learning.
- High expectations.
- End of KS2 results significantly above the national average
- A wide range of extra curricular activities
- Consistently good OFSTED reports
- An after school club to support working parents
‘Cornwood is a good school serving its pupils well. The quality of teaching is consistently good and pupils are thriving on well structured lessons which serve to motivate them.’ OFSTED March 2012
Key Stage 2 SATs results for 2016.
|School initial release 05/07/2016-||% of all pupils working at or above Expected Standard-School||% of all pupils working at or above Expected Standard Nationally|
|Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling||85%||72%|
|Combined % of R, W & M||69%||70%|
|% of children who achieved the Standard in all three (R, W & M)||62%||53%|